Long hairs are especially difficult to remove from carpeting. Hair tangled around vacuum rollers is not any fun. This guide is designed to help you not only eliminate hair and other debris from your carpet but also deodorize them. Additionally, you are going to be provided with an extra tip to help you keep pet hair off the carpeting in your home.
Vacuum cleaners do not always pick up all the pet hair and other debris found in your carpets. A little extra cleaning is required. We are going to show you a couple of specialized tools that can be used to help keep your carpets extra clean. Collect the following supplies and get ready to follow a short and sweet four-step process to get this task completed.
A cleaning brush or bristle brush is used to loosen hair from your carpets. A sponge can be used as a substitute here, but a bristle brush works much better.
Liquid Fabric Softener
A liquid fabric softener mixed with water and placed in a spray bottle will be used as a cleaning agent. This solution not only cleans and removes embedded hairs from your carpets but also deodorizes your carpets as well.
- Enjoy all day In-wear wrinkle protection for your clothes with Downy wrinkleguard liquid fabric softener
- A laundry care game-changer: wrinkleguard fabric Conditioner protects clothes from wrinkling while you wear them
- This powerful anti-wrinkle formula penetrates fibers to soften and relax fabric, improving the flexibility and resiliency of clothes
- Enjoy the same Downy softness, freshness and power against stretching, fading and fuzz
- Safe to use in both HE and non-HE washing machines; just measure and add to your washer's dispenser
You need an empty spray bottle to hold the cleaning solution. You are going to fill this spray bottle with water and then add several drops of fabric softener.
- LEAK-PROOF TECHNOLOGY - Constructed with no rubber parts; Our sprayer features a long lasting polypropylene spray head, tight and secure cap closure, internal cap gasket, 302 stainless steel spring and a precision valve and piston, for a no clog and no leak experience; A proven and reliable no leak venting system primes quickly and stays primed
- BETTER TRIGGER SPRAYER DESIGN- The sprayer exterior sides fit your hand comfortably, eliminating hand fatigue Adjustable red nozzle turns easily letting you switch from mist, stream or to off; Pull trigger has a short effortless squeeze reducing finger fatigue ; Suction dip tube reaches the bottom of the bottle enabling you to get the last of your liquid sprayed out
- DURABLE BOTTLES- Our 16 ounce heavy duty impact resistance spray bottles are made from HDPE plastic, recycle code # 2. BPA Free Ergonomic neck gives you a comfortable grip Mouth opening is 5/8 inch wide making it easy to fill Bottle measures 8 inches high without the sprayer attached with sprayer attached the height is 10 1/4 inches and 2 1/2 inches wide at the bottom; They are dishwasher safe on the top rack
- 100% MADE IN THE USA- Thanks for supporting American jobs and businesses. Our trigger spray bottles are shrink wrapped for protection. Sold as a Pack of 4
- HOUSEHOLD-COMMERCIAL-INDUSTRIAL USES- Our multi purpose spray bottles have an excellent chemical compatibility. Use them for cleaning solutions, hair spray water bottle, plant misting, succulent, herbs, ironing, laundry, car detailing, janitorial. Make your own homemade pest repellent, diy cleaners or just use with water to cool yourself; They are bleach, vinegar and rubbing alcohol safe (please read the product description below for more information on chemical usage)
A rubber broom is one of the unique and specialized tools you can use in your home to help remove hair that is embedded in your carpeting. Barbers use rubber brooms to clean their floors. These brooms allow you to harness the power of static electricity when cleaning your carpets.
- 💯[BUILT-IN SQUEEGEE EDGE] TreeLen rubber broom is more than a push broom, it has squeegee edge for fabric, liquid spills, small spills, etc on floors or windows. Dust and hair are easily washed off from the rubber bristles. Broom head is water resistance and fast drying. This rubber broom is designed for no scratch use and maintenance for years using.
- 💯[PET HAIR REMOVER BROOM] Awesome pet hair remover and rug rake for fluff carpet, soft bristles gently scrape down the hair from carpets. more efficient than normal broom, dust or hair won't fly all around while cleaning. A must have push broom for fluffy pet owner.
- 💯[SILICONE BRISTLES] Thousands of screw thread silicone bristles increase friction of scrubbing pet hair, these stiff bristles will handle with the toughest and roughest surfaces. 13" width electrostatic rubber bristles easily attract and collect dust, hair, paper and other garbage on the floor and carpet.
- 💯[INDOOR USE PUSH BROOM] Built-in squeegee blade is useful for using in garden, balcony, patio, garage to wash floor, wash car, clean up water or spills. The sturdy 3 sections handles are made of rustproof stainless poles and easily assemble, connect firmly.
- 💯[DURABLE ALUMINUM ROD] TreeLen rubber broom has durable aluminum poles. Measures 50 inch high. Ps: If you have any problem of our products (defective product or quality issues), don’t hesitate to contact us, our staffs will be in touch to solve problems for you ASAP.
A carpet rake is another specialized tool used to help pick up pet and human hair. A carpet rake is less versatile than a rubber broom. Furthermore, a rubber broom can be used for other cleaning tasks, while a carpet rake has only one purpose.
- Extra Long 51 In. Handle
- 12 In. Wide Head To Cover Large Areas Quickly
- Specially Designed Bristles Reach Deep Into The Base Of Carpet
- Brand Name: Roberts
Floor Lint Roller
A floor lint roller can be used in between cleanings to help keep the carpets in your home hair-free. Using a floor lint roller regularly is going to keep your carpets looking nice and reduce the frequency of repeating this cleaning task.
- UNIKON lint roller with 4-Foot Extendable Handle: handle could be adjusted to any suitable sizes which make your house work comfortable. Roller width is 6.3".(Please note the size before ordering)
- Great to use on rugs, kitchen floors, sofa, stairs, ceiling fans, etc. Widely used by some housekeeping companies & hotels.
- The lint roller works like a silent cordless vacuum cleaner to pick up pet hair, lint crumbs, etc.
- MADE IN JAPAN. Easy assembly and easy to change sticky roller heads. The lint roller could be reusable with our lint roller refills. Please change the head, after you use up your current refill. Note: If roll over some especially long hair, please cut the hair along the cutline of the roller to better tear off the used sheet.
- Include: 1 lint roller, Size: 8.07"x2.91"x37.83", Roller width: 6.3". Please note the size before ordering. Material: ABS+PP+Aluminum tube(Please note the handle is in light weight, but durable) It doesn't need too much strength when using, compared to some super heavy metal handles.
Removing Pet Hair from Carpet Without Using Vacuum
Pet hair, human hair, and other debris easily get entangled in carpet fibers. Vacuuming alone does not cut it when there is a lot of stray hairs embedded in carpet fibers. The cleaning tools mentioned are all you need to finish the job and keep your carpets clean and hair-free in four easy steps!
Step One: Spray Carpet with the Cleaning Solution
Spray the carpet using the water and fabric softener solution you made in the empty spray bottle. The fabric softener doubles as a deodorizer. The dampened hair is now also primed to clump together, making the rest of this cleaning process much easier on you.
- Pro Tip: Pay extra attention to high-traffic areas, spraying extra cleaning solution when necessary.
Step Two: Use a Cleaning Brush
Scrub the carpet using a cleaning brush or bristle brush. This step helps loosen hairs from your carpet fibers. A flexible squeegee may also be used as a substitute here if you prefer. As you work your way around, pick up any hair clumps that have already worked their way to the surface.
- Pro Tip: Pay attention once again to those high-traffic areas. Fresh, clean carpeting depends upon you disentangling all that hair.
Step Three: Rake Using a Rubber Broom
The best rubber brooms also double as carpet rakes. Using a carpet rake or rubber broom, work your way around the room, picking up the rest of that hair. Use the rubber broom like a vacuum, pushing it in a straight line. For stubborn areas, small, deliberate strokes work well to help pick up hair.
- Pro Tip: Work your way towards an adjoining room with a non-carpeted surface or another designated area for piling up the hair. Afterward, the hair can be swept into a dustpan or picked up using a dust buster.
Remember to pick up a floor lint roller with a long handle to use for maintenance purposes. Used intermittently between cleanings, it can help to prevent hair from getting entangled and embedded deep within the carpet fibers. You want to keep those carpets fresh and clean!