Clay, iron, algae, and other mineral deposits can stain quartz crystals. These crystals should be cleaned from time to time to eliminate built-up dust and dirt.
Several cleaning methods can be used to clean quartz crystals, including oxalic acid. Our step-by-step guide, however, is designed to show you how to clean quartz crystals without using acid.
Quartz Cleaning Supplies
High-pressure water guns and air tools are especially good for removing iron deposits while scouring powder and a wire brush can remove clay deposits from quartz crystals. You can also clean your quartz crystals using commercial chemical cleaners. Gather your supplies and get ready to clean your quartz crystals in three easy steps.
An all-purpose, non-abrasive scouring powder can eliminate clay stains.
- 4 of Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser and Polish, 12 oz. each can
- Polishes and shines stainless steel and copper cookware and cooktops
- Removes Rust and Hard Water Stains tarnish
- Also for Tile, Brass, Marble, Porcelain, plastic and glass Cooktops
- Non bleach formula, Non Abrasive Powder
A wire brush may be used in conjunction with the scouring powder.
- [Different sizes for all situations]: The medium-sized wire brushes for cleaning are perfect for large surfaces while the small brushes help you get into those annoying tight spaces. This set is perfect for you if you need to clean all sorts of places.
- [Steel and Brass--for all situations]: If you are looking for wire brushes for cleaning that covers all your needs, your search ends here! Stainless steel is optimal for wet surfaces and more aggressive cleaning while brass is used on more delicate surfaces and for light-duty cleaning. Rusts, paints, stains, metals, machineries, welding slag--this set cleans it all! (Refer to image 5 for a more comprehensive guide).
- [An aesthetically pleasing set of tools you want to keep]: In addition to our beautifully finished handles, the brushes comes with a gratifying package to keep the brushes. If not, our brushes also come with hang-up holes to keep your lovely living space tidy.
- [A tool set curated for your comfort]: The high quality European Beechwood handle is carved into the right size and is curved ergonomically to fit the shape of your hands. The smoothened chamferred edges make gripping our brushes a comfort. Strenuous work can be made more bearable with the correct tools.
- [A tool set designed to last]: Our wooden handles and bristles are made with high-quality wood, stainless-steel, and brass. Worry not about the bristles falling off or the wooden handles breaking as they were designed to stay with you for a long time.
A large bowl is used to soak the quartz crystals.
- Stainless steel
- Mirror finished
- Beaded edge
- Flat bottom for stability
- Dishwasher safe
Bleach is used to soak the quartz crystals.
- SPLASH-LESS CLEAN: Concentrated, scented, splash-less bleach bleach in a thicker formula delivers a more controlled pour with less spills and splashes so you can get some serious cleaning done; Package may vary
- CONCENTRATED BLEACH: Concentrated laundry bleach delivers more cleaning power per drop with a 33% more compact dose reducing the amount of bleach required for cleaning (compared to previous Clorox Splash-less Bleach)
- EASIER TO POUR: More concentrated bleach with the same trusted Clorox clean in a smaller bottle making it easier to handle easier to pour and easier to use in HE machines with smaller dispensers
- STAIN REMOVER: Whitens, brightens, deodorizes and provides 10X deep cleaning benefits while fighting tough stains on white clothes or use it as a cleaning bleach for cleaning hard non-porous household surfaces
- AMERICA’S #1 BLEACH*: This laundry bleach with long-lasting fragrance is perfect for everyday cleaning and safe for use in standard or HE washers, so you can keep whites at their whitest and your home smelling fresh; *Based on IRI MULO unit sales 52 weeks ending 12/29/19
Gloves protect your hands from the chemicals used to clean quartz crystals.
- MULTI-PURPOSE APPLICATIONS - Perfect for dishwashing, pool maintenance, logistics, cleaning (ex. pond gutter grain), car/cloth washing, kitchen/bathroom using, working, painting, gardening, fishing, pet caring, daily chores,DIY and any household duties.
- MATERIAL - Made with highly flexible waterproof rubber for great comfort & dexterity. Anti-slip embossed palm for an excellent grip. They smelled a bit rubbery and chemical-like when you first took them out of the packaging, but after airing them out they will be fine. Allergic people or people sensitive to rubber smell should use in caution. No flocked Lining.
- HEAT PROTECTION & COLD RESISTANT - 100g extra thickness latex gloves for better wear-resistant. Keep your hands comfortable from hot water up to 50°C/122°F and temperature down to 0°C/32°F
- 12CM LONG SLEEVE & VALUE PACK -12cm/4.7 in. long pull on closure sleeve to safeguard users' hands up to the forearm. 3 pairs per pack to save your money
- CA65 & REACH Approved - Tested by Intertek which is certified by ISO17025 international standard and meet CA Prop. 65 regulations, comply with the EU REACH regulation
High-Pressure Air Gun
A high-pressure air gun is used to eliminate iron deposits from quartz crystals.
- Powerful air flow,new design inner supercharging construction and tapered air flow nozzle for high volume powerful blow off.
- All metal construction, high pressure resistance copper alloy, high-impact stainless steel air flow nozzle, anti-break chromed zinc alloy body, improved designed sealing components, more reliable and durable.
- Extended edition, total size is 26 inch, with extensible 14-21 Inch air flow nozzle allows access to hard-to-reach slot areas.
- Widely use for blowing dust, water, powder, debris and various industrial or household cleanup and blow-off operations.
- 360 Degree Swivel Hook, easy for daily use and convenient for placing and storage.
A pressure washer is another tool used to eliminate iron deposits from quartz crystals.
- 【Powerful Pressure】The pressure washer provides strong water flow, easily and quickly clean your car, siding, decks, kids' outdoor toys, patio furniture, garbage cans, pet cages, outdoor equipment, etc.
- 【Compact and Lightweight】The power washer is only 13.5 lb, about 10 lb lighter than other machines, allows this handheld power washer to be carried around as easily as a handbag.
- 【Adjustable Pressure Nozzle】The electric pressure washer has an adjustable nozzle that lets you can choose a narrow, wide fan or foam mode by rotating the nozzle. Never worry about replacing or losing the nozzle.
- 【Comprehensive security protection】With Total Stop System design, the electric power washer will shut off to preserve pump lifespan and motor resource if the trigger is let go. You can use the safety lock of the spray gun to prevent children or other people from accidentally triggering the trigger and causing accidental injury. The GFCI plug can prevent accidents such as electric shock.
- 【No-worried Sale Service】Paxcess high pressure washer for the home has a 12 months warranty, 24hrs sale service and professional repair service.
Iron Out is a popular commercial product that can be used to eliminate iron deposits on quartz crystals.
- Best on Rust: #1 Heavy-Duty Rust Stain Remover Brand
- Powerful gel clings to dissolve rust stains on contact; no scrubbing necessary
- Quickly and easily removes the toughest rust stains from most surfaces in and around the home
- Ideal for vertical and hard to reach surfaces, like showers, sinks, tubs and toilets above the water line
- Versatile liquid formula, great for bathroom, kitchen, colorfast carpet and fabric, tile, concrete and many other interior and exterior surface applications
How To Clean Quartz Crystals
Cleaning quartz crystals is completed in three easy steps. The method you choose depends on the type of stains you are trying to remove.
First, let’s look at one of the most-suggested quartz crystal cleaning strategies, and then you will be shown other methods that address individual types of stains.
All-Purpose Cleaning Strategy
The suggested all-purpose cleaning strategy is soaking the quartz crystals in bleach water.
Step One: Soak Crystals in Bleach Water
Place the quartz crystals in the large bowl. Fill the bowl with water and a quarter cup of bleach.
- Pro Tip: Allow the quartz crystals to soak for several days. No extra work is required, just patience.
Step Two: Rinse and Dry Quartz Crystals
After soaking the quartz crystals in bleach water, rinse them thoroughly and allow them to air dry for 24 hours.
- Pro Tip: The 24-hour window is necessary before attempting any other type of chemical cleaning process.
Now you know how to clean quartz crystals by soaking them in bleach. Below you are going to find other cleaning methods that address specific stains and mineral deposits.
First, for iron deposits, you can use the step-by-step process above by substituting Iron Out in place of the bleach. Iron Out is strong, but you may need to soak the quartz crystals for weeks instead of days like you would with bleach.
Use Pressure Washer
A pressure washer makes removing iron stains from quartz crystals easy. Simply spray off the quartz crystals using the pressure washer. While this method is effective, it is not preferred. Alternatively, you can use a high-pressure air tool to clean the iron stains off your quartz crystals.
Removing Clay Stains
One of the best methods for removing clay stains from quartz crystals involves using an all-purpose scouring powder and a wire brush. Alternatively, you can use an old toothbrush if you do not have a wire brush.
Step One: Apply Scouring Powder to Quartz Crystals
Place the quartz crystals in the large bowl and sprinkle them liberally with scouring powder. Add a small amount of water to allow for scrubbing.
Step Two: Scrub Quartz Crystals Using Wire Brush
Scrub the crystals using the steel wire brush. Clay stains are stubborn, so be sure to scrub diligently.
- Pro Tip: You do not have to be gentle; quartz is a very durable mineral.
Step Three: Rinse and Dry Quartz Crystals
Rinse the quartz crystals thoroughly and allow them to air dry.
- Pro Tip: If no clay or iron stains are present, and you simply want to remove dust and dirt from your quartz crystals, use this step-by-step process but omit the scouring powder. You can simply use warm water and scrub the crystals using the wire brush.
Clay and iron deposits are both commonly found on quartz crystals. These crystals may need to be cleaned from time to time. Select one of the above methods and shine up those quartz crystals.
FAQ: Cleaning Quartz Crystals
Quartz crystals are subject to quite a few different types of stains. This is especially true for quartz crystals discovered out in nature. Whether you are cleaning the quartz crystals for the first time or developing a routine, follow our easy-to-understand instructions.
What is the best cleaning method for quartz crystals that have algae stains?
The bleach soaking method described above is the preferred solution for removing algae stains from quartz crystals.
Is there a way to shine up quartz crystals that have lost their luster?
Cleaning quartz crystals helps restore luster. You can restore luster by making a paste of salt and vinegar. Apply the paste and leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse your quartz crystals thoroughly. This method is designed to shine up your quartz crystals in between cleanings. It can also be used on cloudy crystals. You can also use cotton balls and white vinegar to shine up quartz crystals.
- WHY DO CUSTOMERS LOVE THE AVO VINEGAR? It’s simple. AVO has been a market leader for two decades providing Retail, Foodservice and B2B customers with vegetable oils and vinegars that are produced with the highest USA food grade quality standards. AVO’s white distilled vinegar is NON-Toxic, chemical free and contains no potentially cancer-causing additives. Our White Vinegar is packaged in 1 gallon bottle and has 5% acidity. Our vinegar raw material supply chain is fully traceable.
- COOKING AND CLEANING – AVO’s multipurpose 5% vinegar is the perfect choice for your cooking and cleaning tasks. Cooking use: Baking, general cooking, marinades, tenderizing, sauces, salads, dressings, canned food, Asian/ethnic cuisines. AVO’s 5% vinegar is a premium cleaning solution that is safe and natural. Mix with baking soda for added strength.
- BUY WITH PURPOSE – ENVIRONMENT: Besides producing healthy vegetable oils & vinegars, AVO is committed to make continuous improvements by reducing the environmental impact of our products & facilities. Our dedication goes beyond compliance with the law and includes environmental practices into our business decisions. CHARITABLE PRODUCT: AVO’s community commitment: a portion of your purchase helps us make donations on a monthly basis to families in need and people without a home in our community.
- MADE IN USA: Because we understand that 80% of American shoppers say they prefer to buy goods made in the United States - by CR (Consumer Reports); AVO’s vinegar is proudly produced, packaged, and inspected here in the USA. We support made in USA products.
- BUY NOW RISK FREE - 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We are super confident you will love all of our Vinegar. However, if for any reason you're not absolutely thrilled, just let us know and we will give you a full refund - no questions asked! Our mission is to provide a risk-free experience.
What can you do to avoid having to clean your quartz crystals too often?
Dust your quartz crystals weekly using a soft cloth. This helps prevent buildup from forming on your quartz crystals.
How often should quartz crystals be cleaned using one of the above methods?
Soak your crystals once every six months. Be sure to keep up with the intermittent dusting, too.
Does hydrogen peroxide work to eliminate stains on quartz crystals?
Yes, hydrogen peroxide can be used as a cleaning solution for quartz crystals. Wipe crystals with hydrogen peroxide, rinse thoroughly, and allow to air dry.