Cleaning under a baby’s neck helps prevent rashes and yeast infections caused by spit-up and other debris accumulating in a baby’s neck folds. It is important to have the supplies to clean a baby’s neck at home and on the go. This two-step process will help ensure your baby’s neck stays clean and free of dirt, moisture, and other contaminants.
Supplies For Cleaning Baby’s Neck
A baby has no neck control during his or her first few weeks. This makes cleaning a baby’s neck folds a little tricky. The cleaning process is just as important as the cleaning supplies. Even after a baby’s neck muscles develop, you are going to need to know a few tricks to help make this process much easier. This short guide is going to help you clean your baby’s neck efficiently in two easy steps.
Baby Wet Wipes
Wet wipes are wonderful for a number of uses. They are great when you are on the go and do not have your other cleaning supplies on hand. Keep a pack of wet wipes handy so you are able to clean up a variety of messes, including your baby's neck while you are on the go. When shopping for wet wipes, make sure they are not scented as the perfumes used in baby wipes can be too harsh for your baby’s delicate skin.
- 9 flip-top packs of 80 Unscented wipes
- Pediatrician tested
- Gently cleanses
- Free from: Fragrances, alcohol, bronopol, dyes, parabens and phthalates
- For use on face, hands and bottom
A baby facecloth or washcloth can also be used to clean a baby’s neck. This washcloth is great for at-home use. A soft, absorbent, eco-friendly, and hypoallergenic washcloth is best.
- 【TWO Promises】① The latest textile technology, double-layer materials.Ultra thick & absorbent baby towels. Excellent longevity makes them full reusable. ② HIPTOP PANDA Premium wash clothes. Ideal solution for babies's skin.
- 【Magical 2 - Layer】The latest textile technology, Luxury 2 - Layer bamboo Rayon face washcloths; Perfect, soft, warm, and absorbent.
- 【ECO FRIENDLY】 Bamboo towels help preserve the environment by reducing deforestation and waste. We care about babies and nature.
- 【Premium, Hypoallergenic】 - Bamboo material naturally has hypoallergenic ; Safe, natural and healthy baby bath towels for babies and kids with skin or skin conditions.
- 【PERFECT BABY SHOWER GIFT】 –Perfect for baby registry, this is an essential item for new parents, the more the merrier where baby washcloths are concerned! These washcloths are suitable for both boys and girls, easy to wash and very durable too. Each set of washcloths with a pretty package.
Baby Bath Soap
The soap you need for cleaning your baby’s neck is the same soap you would use when you give him or her a bath. A natural, paraben-free, hypoallergenic baby bath soap is best.
A baby towel is necessary for drying your baby’s neck when done. Drying a baby’s neck thoroughly is especially important because any remaining moisture can be a breeding ground for bacteria and yeast infections.
- 【TWO Promises】① The latest textile technology, double-layer materials.Ultra thick & absorbent baby towels. Excellent longevity makes them full reusable. ② Truly natural bath hooded towel. Ideal solution for babies with sensitive skin or allergies.
- 【ECO FRIENDLY】 Bamboo bath towels help preserve the environment by reducing deforestation and waste. We care about babies and nature.
- 【KEEP COLDS AT BAY】Boasting an extra thick design (500gsm) – thicker than most baby towels with hoods, this super absorbent Bamboo hooded towel absorbs water faster than cotton and will make sure your precious newborn stays perfectly dry and safely protected from catching a cold. Generously sized at 30" x 30", it will last well into your little one’s toddler years.
- 【Magical 2 - Layer】The latest textile technology, Luxury 2 - Layer bamboo baby towel; Our bath towels are up to 2X as thick & soft as other hooded towel on the market; Absorbs 160% more than 1 Layer Bamboo Hooded Towel and dry fast; Perfect, soft, warm, and absorbent.
- 【PERFECT BABY SHOWER GIFT】 – top of the baby registry, this is an essential item for new parents, the more the merrier where baby bath towel are concerned! These washcloths are suitable for both boys and girls, easy to wash and very durable too.
How To Clean a Baby’s Neck
You do not have to be a baby whisperer to get this task completed. However, there are a few tricks of the trade that you need to know. Gather your supplies and follow the three-step process. The tricks and tips given below will help you quickly and easily clean under your baby's neck.
Step One: Clean Using Bath Soap & Washcloth
Place a small amount of lukewarm to warm water in your skin and add a small amount of baby bath soap to the water. Submerge and wring out a washcloth with the water. Then, gently wipe your baby’s neck, making sure you get in those folds.
- Pro Tip: During the early weeks, a thinner facecloth or washcloth makes this job easier.
As a baby’s neck develops, there are a couple of tricks you can try to ensure a baby’s cooperation. First, lay your baby flat on his or her stomach. Wipe your baby’s neck as you speak to him or her. You can also offer a special bath time toy to distract your baby while you are wiping down his or her neck. Getting your baby’s attention in this position makes wiping neck folds much easier.
Step Two: Dry Baby’s Neck Using Towel
Dry your baby’s neck thoroughly using the baby bath towel. Hooded baby towels are a great option; however, unless you are bathing your baby, they can be too large. Gently pat your baby's neck dry, paying extra attention to your baby’s neck folds. After your baby's neck is dry, you are done!
- Pro Tip: Corn starch powder can also be applied to your baby’s neck to help reduce moisture from sweating, etc.
Baby Wet Wipes On The Go
Use the unscented, alcohol-free baby wet wipes to clean your baby's neck on the go. Keep a small baby towel on hand for drying. Remember to be gentle, as a baby’s neck skin is even more delicate than many other areas of his or her body.
- Pro Tip: Many doctors recommend refraining from using wet wipes on your baby until he or she is at least a month old.
You do not need any special skills to properly clean your baby's neck. All you need are the correct supplies and know the best techniques to clean your baby's neck. Follow our easy-to-understand how-to guide to clean and dry your baby's neck in two simple steps.