Vitamix blenders are great, but they can get messy. Blenders and their containers must be cleaned after each use since gunk can certainly build up under the blades. You must remove buildup before it becomes a problem. Thankfully, cleaning under the blades of your Vitamix blender can be done in a few steps along with the self-cleaning feature.
Vitamix Blade Cleaning Supplies
Only a few supplies are necessary to clean under the blades of your Vitamix blender. Rust can also accumulate on the blades. If you notice any rust, extra supplies and steps are used to remove the rust. Some Vitamix blender models feature components that are dishwasher safe but placing your blender and its blades in a dishwasher is never recommended.
Dish soap is used in the blender container for the self-cleaning cycle. The self-cleaning cycle alone is not going to clean under the blades of your blender, but it will clean your blender container.
- Contains 4X MORE Grease Cleaning Power (cleaning ingredients per drop vs. non-ultra Dawn)
- Powers away 48-hour, stuck-on food in seconds
- The Dawn Non-Scratch Premium Scrubber won’t scratch your non-stick cookware and sensitive surfaces
- Cleansing Refreshing Rain scent
- Packaging & sponge shape will vary
There are blade scrapers available that are specifically designed to clean under Vitamix blender blades. This area of a Vitamix blender is not easy to reach, but the blade scraper makes this task much easier.
- The Under Blade Scraper allows you to get the most out of every recipe by reaching hard to access points in your container, like under the blade. Designed for use with all Vitamin containers.
- Material Type: Nylon
- The length of the package is 14.75 inches
- The width of the package is 10.75 inches
A wire brush can also be used to clean the blades of a Vitamix blender. If you do not have a wire brush, you can use a toothbrush.
- [Different sizes for all situations]: The medium-sized wire brushes for cleaning are perfect for large surfaces while the small brushes help you get into those annoying tight spaces. This set is perfect for you if you need to clean all sorts of places.
- [Steel and Brass--for all situations]: If you are looking for wire brushes for cleaning that covers all your needs, your search ends here! Stainless steel is optimal for wet surfaces and more aggressive cleaning while brass is used on more delicate surfaces and for light-duty cleaning. Rusts, paints, stains, metals, machineries, welding slag--this set cleans it all! (Refer to image 5 for a more comprehensive guide).
- [An aesthetically pleasing set of tools you want to keep]: In addition to our beautifully finished handles, the brushes comes with a gratifying package to keep the brushes. If not, our brushes also come with hang-up holes to keep your lovely living space tidy.
- [A tool set curated for your comfort]: The high quality European Beechwood handle is carved into the right size and is curved ergonomically to fit the shape of your hands. The smoothened chamferred edges make gripping our brushes a comfort. Strenuous work can be made more bearable with the correct tools.
- [A tool set designed to last]: Our wooden handles and bristles are made with high-quality wood, stainless-steel, and brass. Worry not about the bristles falling off or the wooden handles breaking as they were designed to stay with you for a long time.
If you notice any rust on the blades, make a bast of baking soda and water. Use your toothbrush or wire brush to scrub away the rust.
- 2 boxes Value Size 4 lb each total 8 lb = 128 oz total
- America's no 1 trusted baking soda brand
- The standard of purity
- Hundreds of uses
If you notice any foul odors, clean your Vitamix blender with white vinegar during the self-cleaning cycle. Rinse the vinegar out and then run another self-cleaning cycle with dish soap.
- WHY DO CUSTOMERS LOVE THE AVO VINEGAR? It’s simple. AVO has been a market leader for two decades providing Retail, Foodservice and B2B customers with vegetable oils and vinegars that are produced with the highest USA food grade quality standards. AVO’s white distilled vinegar is NON-Toxic, chemical free and contains no potentially cancer-causing additives. Our White Vinegar is packaged in 1 gallon bottle and has 5% acidity. Our vinegar raw material supply chain is fully traceable.
- COOKING AND CLEANING – AVO’s multipurpose 5% vinegar is the perfect choice for your cooking and cleaning tasks. Cooking use: Baking, general cooking, marinades, tenderizing, sauces, salads, dressings, canned food, Asian/ethnic cuisines. AVO’s 5% vinegar is a premium cleaning solution that is safe and natural. Mix with baking soda for added strength.
- BUY WITH PURPOSE – ENVIRONMENT: Besides producing healthy vegetable oils & vinegars, AVO is committed to make continuous improvements by reducing the environmental impact of our products & facilities. Our dedication goes beyond compliance with the law and includes environmental practices into our business decisions. CHARITABLE PRODUCT: AVO’s community commitment: a portion of your purchase helps us make donations on a monthly basis to families in need and people without a home in our community.
- MADE IN USA: Because we understand that 80% of American shoppers say they prefer to buy goods made in the United States - by CR (Consumer Reports); AVO’s vinegar is proudly produced, packaged, and inspected here in the USA. We support made in USA products.
- BUY NOW RISK FREE - 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We are super confident you will love all of our Vinegar. However, if for any reason you're not absolutely thrilled, just let us know and we will give you a full refund - no questions asked! Our mission is to provide a risk-free experience.
You may also use bleach during the cleaning cycle if any foul odors are present. Afterward, run another cleaning cycle using dish soap.
- SPLASH-LESS CLEAN: Concentrated, scented, splash-less bleach bleach in a thicker formula delivers a more controlled pour with less spills and splashes so you can get some serious cleaning done; Package may vary
- CONCENTRATED BLEACH: Concentrated laundry bleach delivers more cleaning power per drop with a 33% more compact dose reducing the amount of bleach required for cleaning (compared to previous Clorox Splash-less Bleach)
- EASIER TO POUR: More concentrated bleach with the same trusted Clorox clean in a smaller bottle making it easier to handle easier to pour and easier to use in HE machines with smaller dispensers
- STAIN REMOVER: Whitens, brightens, deodorizes and provides 10X deep cleaning benefits while fighting tough stains on white clothes or use it as a cleaning bleach for cleaning hard non-porous household surfaces
- AMERICA’S #1 BLEACH*: This laundry bleach with long-lasting fragrance is perfect for everyday cleaning and safe for use in standard or HE washers, so you can keep whites at their whitest and your home smelling fresh; *Based on IRI MULO unit sales 52 weeks ending 12/29/19
How To Clean Under Vitamix Blender Blades
Vitamix blenders are known for their powerful performance and self-cleaning function. Different foods, like nut butters, can stick to the blades. Luckily, you can clean under your Vitamix blender blades in three easy steps.
Step One: Clean the Blades Using a Scraper or Brush
If you have purchased the blade scraper specifically designed for Vitamix blenders, the first step will be easy. Simply follow the provided instructions and clean the blade using the scraper.
If rust is present, you need to make
a baking soda and water paste. Apply the paste to the end of your wire brush or a toothbrush and clean the top and bottom of each blade.
- Pro Tip: Do not use white vinegar at the same time you are using the baking soda paste. While it is safe to mix the two substances, the vinegar can cause the baking soda to bubble up, resulting in a mess.
Step Two: The Self-Cleaning Cycle
The self-cleaning cycle makes cleaning your blender easy. If no foul odors are present, add a teaspoon of dish soap to the blender container and start the cycle.
If you noticed foul odors or simply want to deep clean your blender, it is time to break out the bleachor white vinegar. When opting to use bleach, add 1.5 teaspoons and 34 ounces of water to the blender container. For white vinegar, use two parts warm water and one part vinegar. After the self-cleaning cycle is completed, you must repeat the process with dish soap.
- Pro Tip: Another strategy for removing foul odors is to soak the blender container before running the self-cleaning cycle. Use either bleach or white vinegar and soak overnight for the best results. After soaking, run the self-cleaning process using dish soap.
Step Three: Rinse and Dry Blender Container
Rinse the blender container with warm water. Dry the blender with a hand towel and place it back on its pedestal.
- Pro Tip: Avoid putting your blender container in the dishwasher because it can dull and warp the blades.
Be sure to wipe off the base of the blender and the counter underneath the blender, too. Unfortunately, there are no preventative measures that can be taken to prevent food from sticking to the bottom of your blades. Routine cleaning is required.
FAQ: Cleaning Under Vitamix Blender Blades
The self-cleaning feature for Vitamix blenders is a major plus, but you must still perform extra maintenance and cleaning required from time to time. Here are the most frequently asked questions concerning cleaning Vitamix blenders.
How do you get rid of turmeric stains?
Turmeric is often used in recipes, but unfortunately, it can leave a dingy yellow tint on your blender container. Place your blender container out in the full sun for a day, and watch those turmeric stains disappear.
Can Vitamix blender blades be removed?
Yes, after removing the silver retainer nut from the bottom of the blender container, the blades can be removed. While it is possible to remove the blades, it is recommended to use the self-cleaning feature and the steps described above to clean your blender blades before attempting to remove them.
What foods should never be put in a Vitamix blender?
Hot liquids should never be placed in a blender. Not only can hot liquids warp the blades and possibly overheat the motor, but as pressure builds up, those liquids can explode all over the kitchen.
There are several foods that do not do well in a blender including potatoes ice cubes, dried fruit, whole spices, coffee beans, super-frozen foods, and whole nuts. Be careful making that nut butter, too!
Why does my Vitamix blender keep getting stuck?
Blenders get stuck for a variety of reasons, so it is important to know the following tips and tricks. Cut the food items before you place them in the blender container. Place ingredients from lightest to heaviest in the blender and be sure to tamp the blender container down if blending heavier foods.
Can Vitamix blender blades break?
While Vitamix blender blades are unlikely to break, it can happen. Fully frozen fruits have been known to crack blades. Even if the frozen fruit does not crack a blade, it can make for a lumpy smoothie.